Okay, here we go, good stuff I saw in the last week:
- A woman on the airplane actually picking up her trash around her seat.
- A young man holding a restaurant door open for two elderly, not-so-healthy folks. The elder gentleman walked with a cane; his female companion, lugging her oxygen tank, joked with the door-holder: "I need a prod for him" and made poking gestures.
- A large family (6 of them? 10 of them?) bringing beer, sodas, chips, and watermelon to the hotel pool -- and cleaning up after themselves and throwing everything away.*
- Matriarch of same family above offering snacks to everyone (ie, nearby strangers) at the pool.
- Same family: all the adults teaching the children good manners in public, including: not running, saying "please," "excuse me," and "thank you."
*I find this one so wonderful because, for whatever reason, the darling people who live in my neighborhood think it's okay to leave their trash curbside and hope that someone -- like my cash-strapped city -- will clean it up for them. The street looks nothing like the guest suite at the Hilton, at least to my eyes.