Thursday, August 20, 2009

I imagine "Mad Men" had some good and bad manners

According to Nathan Bransford, apparently your blog doesn't even exist unless you mention "Mad Men."

Arguably a wonderful show. But losing cable last year has forced me to cease viewing, save for the scarce free-viewings available on the internet.

So I'll blog about what I know/recall about this show.

Women are treated like meat. Not good, not cool. Don Draper's a little better than dirtbag Pete Campbell, ah, except for how he disregards his wife. Scratch that last one.

I know, I know, it's "of the times," "it's how things were back then," "it's a cutthroat industry," blah, blah, blah.

But it doesn't mean I want to squeeze myself into a dress, don my foot-killing spike heels and parade around the office so men can make cruel comments behind my back.

What's an important aspect of etiquette? "Respect." That's right, class.

Watch "Mad Men" for entertainment value; not as a modern-day how-to.